Tuesday 20 October 2015

Himalayas revive me- Dr. Rekha, Columbia Asia Hosp.

Life of a doctor is always stressful and hectic. With patients and diseases preoccupying most of their time, it is important to take breaks and get away from the ‘negativity’ once in a while. My husband is a Doctor and he sometimes tells me how much he craves to trek up Himalayas and just be with the nature. This thought of his exactly resonated with consultant endocrinologist, Dr. Rekha, Columbia Asia Hosp. , Mysore. For her, Himalayas is a perfect escape to get solace from her busy schedule. When I got to know about Dr. Rekha as well, I thought to have a guest column from her to see nature's beauty from  Doctor's eye. Below is experiences of Himalayas in her own words by

Dr. Rekha, Columbia Asia Hosp.

Damodar Kund
Damodar Kund
Not once or twice, but for the past six years, I have made treks to Himalayas as part of my life. Every year I ensure to visit Himalayas at least once or twice. The peace and simplicity of the mountains is in perfect harmony with the people inhabiting there, and this attracts me the most. The added advantage is that in such high altitude, mobile phone network doesn’t work and I am left to enjoy the nature without any disturbance. In the last six years I have been to destinations including Haridwar, Rishikesh, Badrinath, Kedarnath, Tunganath, Ghangaria, Hemkund Sahib, Dronagiri, Vaishnodevi, Amarnath, Kailash, Manasasarovar, Muktinath, Damodar Kund and the list goes on.

Dr. Rekha, Columbia Asia Hosp. at Damodar Kund
Dr. Rekha, Columbia Asia Hosp. at Damodar Kund

No comments:

Post a Comment