Saturday 15 October 2016

Adalaj Stepwell , a stop for caravans

Adalaj step well was constructed by Rudabai and later completed by Mahmud Begada. Adalaj Stepwell is a five storied step well constructed for travellers, traders and caravans to rest and drink water. This was constructed in 1499. The stepwell contains Indo Islamic interriors. I could see beautiful carvings all around. This is the first step well that I saw in my life.
Interiors were very gripping.
viharin-com-adalaj-stepwell
Adalaj Step well
The step well’s first floor had a platform having four rooms from where king and queen could address the public.
viharin-com-view-from-room-on-the-first-platform
View-from-room-on-the-first-platform
Throughout the step well, I was engrossed in looking at beautiful carvings . I spotted a big Diya (earthen lamp) on one of the window style carving.
Nidhi KM

No comments:

Post a Comment