Friday 13 November 2015

Experience quirkiness of The Junkyard Cafe , CP

Viharin.com- The Junkyard Cafe
The Junkyard Cafe
Junkyard, isn't it a quirky name? What will the name suggest until you hear its a restaurant. Well for me too it was a paradigm shift when I heard it is The Junkyard Cafe! Word that is normally used for storing junk suddenly got an opposite meaning. That junk which we trash is being used in an innovative quirky way to create an unparalleled ambiance of a restaurant in CP. Wow! These thoughts compelled me to visit the restaurant and actually witness the beauty created out of junk.

Ambiance

Viharin.com- Stage at The Junkyard Cafe
Stage at The Junkyard Cafe
Before even I entered the restaurant, I could see the utility of junk in the most remarkable manner. Tyres first of all were arranged in a stylish fashion. On moving ahead, I could see a giant robo made up of junk parts of motorbike. Oh, there were numerous articles and things made of junk using a hell of alot of creativity. The whole ambiance was highly gripping. It took me minimum 15-20 minutes to digest the innovation. Sofas made out if car dikkies, electric circuits used in sofas arranged nicely in a presentable manner. Drums used for table stands, coloured tyres used for decoration , small woodden pieces to create a fashion of design on sofas. So much to mention. Every detail was taken care.
Viharin.com- Interiors at The Junkyard Cafe
Interiors at The Junkyard Cafe

Food and drinks at The Junkyard Cafe

Viharin.com- Mocktails
Mocktails
I was already taken by the ambiance so was already anticipating good food. To start with, we tried four mock tails with beetroot as a major ingredient in 3 , watermelon . Since I don't drink watermelon juice, I tasted two of them- Citrus Mart and Root Collage. They were heavenly. Specially because, mocktails were made of fresh fruits and vegetables.
Viharin.com- Pita with hummus and other sauces
Pita with hummus and other sauces
Then snacks started pouring in one by one. Pita bread with hummus and other sauces that included grated bottlegourd, curd base. Hummus could have been better. Loved the luscious combination though.
Viharin.com- Salad
Salad
Five Spice Chicken on pita bread was good. Bread was thin and crispy. Chicken was soft, well marinated and juicy with perfect taste. There were toppings of onions and capsicum which are my all time favourite so I relished it. Lamb Shish Tawook was presented in an enticing fashion. I liked them as well.

Nidhi KM

No comments:

Post a Comment