Tuesday 26 January 2016

What I saw in Western group Temples Khajuraho!

Since my schooling days, I had read about Khajuraho temples. There have been ample T.V. shows focussing on Khajuraho temples. I had been always wanting to visit Khajuraho at least once in my life but it being in plains and having on inclination towards plains , never went to see Khajuraho. But in December when I learnt about IRCTC FAM trip to Varanasi, Khajuraho and Agra, I was happy and immediately said a big YES to the FAM trip.
Viharin.com- Khajuraho Temples World Heritage Site
Khajuraho Temples World Heritage Site
Khajuraho temples are one of the World Heritage Sites and draws a lot of visitors per month. At the entrance sprawling lawns welcomed us.
Viharin.com- View near the entrance
View near the entrance
First we heard story from the guide about the history of Khajuraho Temples. It was interesting to know that to increase the population of the town, such different and unique statues were made on the outer walls of these temples to spread the message. Yet another interesting fact was to understand that Tantrik people in historical times wanted to achieve salvation via certain methods.Point to note is that there are no such statues inside temples.


Nidhi KM
Viharin.com- Inside a temple
Inside a temple
Viharin.com- Beautifully done up temple
Beautifully done up temple

No comments:

Post a Comment