Monday 2 February 2015

Interaction with British Celebrity Chef- Dipna Anand

Dipna Anand
Dipna Anand
Dipna Anand, a celebrity chef, restaurateur of famous restaurant 'Brilliant Restaurant' and author of cook book 'Beyond Brilliant'  is based in London, UK. She has won the much coveted British Curry Award announced by the British Prime Minister David Cameron.
With a mission to teach 'real Indian cooking', Dipna also lectures at The University of West London specializing in following subjects - Hospitality, Catering, Food Studies and Indian cooking. Dipna runs an Indian cookery school, carries out food demos and pop-up chef events.
I got an opportunity to interact with Dipna Anand. Here is the glimpse of discussion

Interaction with Dipna Anand

Q1. What inspires you to cook?
My Father is my role model. I look up to him for cooking. I have learnt from him how to run a restaurant successfully. He is the main chef of my restaurant.
I run my own cookery school where I teach about Indian cooking. When my students cook and smile to see that they could make a delicious dish with high nutritional value. Or when people cook from my cook book and send pictures of the final delicacy, it inspires me to reach superior heights.
Q2. How often do you try to prepare new dishes?
Dipna
Dipna
Whenever I get time and my mother allows me to cook, I start with my creativity. I carry lots of demonstrations, events, cookery classes and other stuff related to cooking. I get to cook new dishes with my students at university. When at home, I get to try dishes at least once a week.
 Q3. Which all places you have travelled?
We used to close our restaurant every year during August. At thast time, our father used to take us to places like Australia, U.S., Canada, India, U.A.E., Paris, Cyprus and Africa etc.


Nidhi KM

No comments:

Post a Comment